Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Project 365 Day 35

Not Quite Abbey Road...Cannon Beach, Oregon



Little Darlin’...

I first heard The Beatles when I moved to England in late 1963. The first record I ever had that was not made for children (you know...I’m a Little Teapot and the like) was She Loves You. Yeah...I was hooked early. Paul McCartney was my first crush, if you don’t count the boy who dressed up as Zorro for Halloween when I was in pre-school (I don’t remember his name - how serious could it have been), or Curtis in 2nd grade (and I DO remember his last name, but will keep it to myself, because it’s a really small world). When we left England a couple of years later, my best friend’s name was, you guessed it, Michelle. Drove me nuts to hear Paul sing her name. Sigh. That was a really long time ago. Cut to 2009 -- an unusually dry, warm and windless day on the northern Oregon coast. The absolute trifecta of impossibilities this time of year. A girlfriend and I had made a quick trip there in my pursuit of my photo of the day #35. Lots of photos, a nice lunch, we’re ready to leave and I’m still not sure if I have the shot - and lo and behold - there is a seagull channeling The Beatles - crossing back and forth on the crosswalk long enough for me to go to Abbey Road. Thank you, George Harrison, wherever you are. Because it’s been a long, cold, lonely winter. Here comes the sun...

No comments: