Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Project 365 Day 41

This is NOT Mexico

And I say that more as a reminder to myself than anything else. You know when you fall asleep on the couch when you’re watching soap operas or the Sci-Fi channel (pretty much the same thing) and you wake up startled and you don’t know what day or time it is and you’re afraid you may have been abducted by aliens and now you are suffering from the lost time syndrome that they talk about? Well, that’s kind of how I feel right now. You see it’s my 31st anniversary, and we’ve been going to Mexico for years now around the time of our anniversary. Works out great - it’s cold and rainy here and hot and sunny there. The only problem being that I’ve developed an allergy to UV rays. You know...The Sun. Now some people would say it’s because I don’t see enough sun here in Oregon. And other people would say it’s payback for all the extra rays I stole by using baby oil for tanning in the 70’s, which I probably didn’t really need to do. I have my mother’s olive complexion. We’re not real sure where that came from. Her heritage is mostly English and Dutch. It would appear there was a Neopolitan fisherman swimming in the dna pool somewhere. (I first heard that - Neopolitan fisherman - on an episode of Perry Mason and thought they were talking about a fisherman that sold ice cream out of his boat. Did I mention I was young at the time?) Anyway, this year we are just going to crank the heat up in the house to 85, put on shorts and salsa music, sip margaritas and watch the rain. Or snow.

No comments: